“In life, it’s not where you go, but who you travel with.” -Charles Schulz, Peanuts
I came across this quote the other day and it stuck with me.
On Sunday Allanah and I both had a free day and decided to spend it crossing some things off of our summer to do list. The main goal: find for a sunflower field. So we went for a short roadie to Wellington in search of our favorite flowers (which we didn’t find).
But along the way we:
- Had lunch at Panera
- Got coffee from Starbucks for national friendship day
- Made dark chocolate covered strawberries & bananas
- Had car trouble & had to switch cars
- Peed on the side of a dirt road
- Picked little flowers
- Took Polaroid pictures
- Tried a new place for dinner – YoB
- Saw thousands of Purple Marrin birds flying in
- Looked at chalk art
At the end of the night, when we were looking at the chalk art covering old town square, we found a drawing of a giant sunflower. And having someone in your life to look at a chalk drawing of a sunflower with after a day of searching for a sunflower field is so important. Because after all, sometimes it’s not about where you go, it’s who you go with.