- Traveling is important. Travel as much as you can, as often as you can. Explore the places you’ve always wanted to go. Discover new places. Find your adventure.
- Set yourself free. Go for a jog, sleep in, get that tattoo or piercing you’ve been thinking about, chop your hair off, take a spontaneous road trip. Do what you need to do to set yourself free.
- When you start treating Monday morning more like a new beginning rather than a burden, Monday will start to seem more like a new beginning rather than a burden.
- Embrace opportunity. Even when it terrifies you. Take any opportunity you can to grow as a human.
- The people who stand up for you in your absence are the only people you need in your presence. It is crucial to surround yourself with people who build you up and want you to succeed.
- There comes a time when you need to value yourself enough to walk away from those who do not value you.
- It is okay to not have everything figured out.
- Smile and say hi to strangers.
- When you think a compliment in your head, say it out loud. No one loses when a compliment is given.
- Everyone giving you the stink eye for taking a selfie in public has taken a selfie. Don’t mind them. Take your selfie. Embrace that good lighting. You look nice in it.
- Enjoy the little things. Like oversized sweatshirts and fuzzy socks and when your cat wants to cuddle. Or the sound of snow falling in the silence of the night. The little things matter, don’t overlook them.
- Inevitably, you are going to get hurt in life. And you don’t have much of a say in how or why or when. But you do have a say in who hurts you.
- To continue, people who you never imagined would hurt you, might break your heart to the point where it literally hurts. And sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.
- Be brave enough to stand up for what you believe in.
- “If you cannot find the sunshine, be the sunshine”
Thank you to those who have helped me grow in 2015, have a safe and happy new year. xo